You also will need to consider whether you need something that is fixed or whether you want a temporary moveable solution. Additionally, think about whether you want to be able to move the shade around or you want to set and forget it. Your requirements for moving shade will be a big factor in your choice.
Homeowners (and business owners) looking for shade solutions generally have two options: shade sails and umbrellas. Neither of these options is inherently better than the other, so you’ll need to assess your needs carefully to determine the best option for you.
Shade sails are large patio or deck coverings that canopy over the entire space. They’re fixed to multiple points like a ship’s sail. This keeps them suspended midair so that they can shade an entire space.
- They’re completely customisable (size, shape, colour, materials).
- They can cover a large or unusually-shaped space.
- They come in lots of shapes and sizes.
- They have no obstructive posts in the middle (although they generally need posts on the outside).
- They’re incredibly low-maintenance.
- You can use multiple sails together to shade a very large space.